Dear Friends and Family,
So what does the word "hack" really mean? Some circles might say this is altering without permission. But what if it is in the best interest of the community? Is it justifiable? I'm not sure...but we'll find out. I spent a few minutes working on gaining access to my dear spouse's Blog site with the total intent of clicking the presumed check-box that would open the Blog up to the community again. Keep in mind...I have never posted on a Blog before...and generally have mixed feelings about the whole idea. It is for sure one thing that in 5-years from now people will be laughing about..."ha ha...do you remember blogging? That is so old-school." I can hear it now... and I will quietly roll my eyes and keep my mouth shut. This activity right along with text-messaging will likely be pitched in the virtual dumpster for something greater and flashier to come along. It seems to be the way our modern society works. But...with a little foresight, some common sense, a little grounding, and the ability to not get swept away in the latest, greatest thing, it is clear to see what the fate of these things will be. Not to say that a blog doesn't have some meaningful purpose...it can be very good for the mind to communicate some thoughts and perhaps tell the world something that you wouldn't otherwise be able to do. What is the sore spot about the blogging world is those that use this medium for self-promotion. Ahh, it makes me think about all the examples in history where pride has gotten in the way of things...this very thing has caused the greatest civilizations in history to fall to pieces. I could go on and on about this...but I'll keep my rambling to a minimum....take home message: pride is not an enduring quality.
Okay...so where was I. Yes...of course - hacking (not in terms of smokers lung or bronchitis mind you). Do I feel a little bit bad about posting a blog to l.a.c even though I'm not l.a.c.? Well yes - could be interpreted as insulting or dishonest, certainly. But I can only hope that l.a.c. will be of forgiving nature and know this was only done for the benefit of the community. Because after all...if we aren't open, sharing, and loving with all, it is no longer a community.
All the best, wishing you peace and joy in your daily life. --l.a.c.'s loving husband. :-)