17 January, 2008

something to ponder

sometimes i feel overwhelmed by INFORMATION. i can't keep up. so, the last few days we have been enjoying some quiet time: reading, walking/hiking, and relaxing. today i came across these words of wisdom, which made me smile:

TOO MUCH NEWS


I've noticed that the more news I hear the more I tend to worry. Really, it's hard to keep up with what we're supposed to be worrying about. Should we worry about the plain-vanilla flu or Bird flu? Should we worry about a Recession, a Depression, a global financial meltdown? Is there a child predator in our neighborhood or a crazed kidnapper lurking in our city? Is that pain in my side some rare disease? Perhaps the one I saw advertised on TV just last night. Perhaps I should ask my doctor...


Or perhaps, I should remind myself that statistically our children have never been safer, we have never been healthier and our nation has never been wealthier {depending how you look at it}. So perhaps what I should do is turn off the tv, shut down the computer, ignore the alarmist headlines and do what I can: Go for a hike, buckle up, buckle up my children, eat well...most of the time, lend a helping hand, get some sleep, express gratitude.
Perhaps then I'll see that we are, in fact, doing just fine.

~Missy Park
__________________________________________________________________________

"I'm coming Mom..."

The good life!

2 mountain princesses

"Warm water makes me happy..."

"Let's just sit..." Okay, good idea.